Friday, February 3, 2012

Roasted chickpeas

I don't eat enough chickpeas. They are so versatile and we almost always have some on hand- I just never use them. I will be making some hummus in the near future but for today I was inspired by this recipe to roast them. Such a great high-protein snack or side to your lunch, as I had them today.

I used different spices than this recipe called for- I bet they'd be great with some sweet spices too (think- sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg), why not?

Ingredients:

1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 Tbs olive oil
spices (I used a little salt, cracked pepper, nutritional yeast and garlic powder)

1. Pre-heat oven to 450ºF. Line a cookie sheet with foil.

2. Gently toss the chickpeas with the olive oil and spices and spread across the cookie sheet.


3. Roast for about 30-40 minutes- keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.



I think this would be a great snack to sneak into the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment