I got the recipe from Veganomicon, under the title "Lower-fat deep chocolate bundt cake". It's so easy to make and all you really need to have that's special is a bundt cake pan. They're easy to find and are pretty useful for different kinds of cakes. Don't shy away from these cakes- just be sure you grease them and the cake will pop out nicely.
1 3/4 cup fresh brewed coffee
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup applesauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp confectioner's sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease an 8 or 10-inch bundt pan.
2. Bring the coffee to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Once it is simmering, turn down the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until it has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside to bring to room temperature. I just used fresh, hot coffee and poured it in a pyrex measuring cup instead of heating the coffee on the stove.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, canola oil, applesauce and cornstarch until the sugar and cornstarch are dissolved, about 2 minutes. Mix in the extracts. Once the chocolate has cooled a bit, mix that in as well.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until relatively smooth, about 1 minute with a hand mixer or 2 minutes with a whisk.
5. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick or butter knife inserted through its center comes out clean. If your pan is on the smaller side, it could take up to 55 minutes.