Saturday, February 11, 2012

Popcorn cauliflower

Wegmans is the best grocery store. Who knew they also had recipe ideas on their website!? I was doing some browsing for recipes, as I usually do, when I stumbled upon this recipe for popcorn cauliflower. I don't particularly love cauliflower but we had leftovers from when we had people over last week for the Super Bowl. I made this recipe the other night and it actually smells like popcorn! It was a tasty side to dinner and would even make a tasty snack.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs cauliflower florets, trimmed to bite-sized pieces.
2 Tbs olive oil (the site calls for Wegmans basting oil- sigh but I can't get that where we live)
garlic powder and nutritional yeast to taste
salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Toss the cauliflower in a large bowl with the oil and spices and salt and pepper.

2. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat.

3. Roast on center rack of oven about 15 minutes. Carefully turn cauliflower halfway through baking.

4. Remove from oven.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment