Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wild blueberry pancakes

It's a lazy Sunday morning and I'm on the couch watching *Mariska's birthday SVU marathon because I hurt my knee on our run yesterday and can't really get up and do anything. I had to go to urgent care and now I'm wearing a leg immobilizer. I should just name this blog "How Leah gets hurt". We decided to stay in and have a big breakfast at home instead of going out, as previously planned. I've been wanting pancakes for awhile so I finally tried this recipe from the Post Punk Kitchen. It's a great website and all the recipes I've tried have turned out great. Isa Chandra Moskowitz never steers me wrong. We had our pancakes with the smoky maple sausages from the same site. I made a mistake with the pancakes and read teaspoons of baking powder as tablespoons and let's just say these did not taste as good as they looked- my mistake. I used to have pizza problems and now I have pancake problems. I just need to pay more attention while I'm cooking. I'm sure yours will be perfect!

"Puffy Pillow Pancakes"





I'm not going to post the recipe here because all we did to make it blueberry is add wild blueberries on top while they were cooking.



*Song by our friend, Preston Hull- check out his CD "Man Up"!

No comments:

Post a Comment