Saturday, January 21, 2012

Guacamole

We are still getting excellent avocados here on the Front Range and I LOVE avocados. I could eat them every day and not get sick of them. I went to the gym yesterday and had to leave my class early due to a bloody nose (still getting used to the dry winters and high altitude) so we decided to stay in for dinner. I stopped at the store on my way home and picked up all the fixins for this recipe. Yes, we ate guacamole for dinner. I also picked up a can of black beans to have with it on the side so we could have some protein (I didn't have any in our freezer- guess I should add some dry beans to the grocery list).

I can't take any credit for this recipe- it's from my cousin Becky who I think got it from her husband's family. We had it last year when visiting my grandmother in Florida and it always reminds me of warm, sunny days spent with family.

Ingredients:

avocados
tomato
onion, chopped small
garlic, minced
fresh cilantro, chopped
lime juice
salt to taste

tortilla chips


1. Mash the avocados and add the rest of the ingredients.

2. Enjoy with some tortilla chips. We had ours with blue chips. Delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment