1 bunch of garlic- or however much you'd like to do at once
other spices if you'd like
oven (I'm really just trying to make this list longer. As you can see, there are very few ingredients and did I mention it is going to be so easy to make!?)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF or really whatever temperature you need to between 350ºF and 400ºF if you're baking something else along with this. I recommend not turning your oven on just for roasting garlic but in a pinch it can be done!
2. Cut the tips off the garlic with a sharp knife. It should look something like this:
3. Place garlic in some aluminum foil and sprinkle some salt and freshly cracked pepper on top and then drizzle a little olive oil on top of that.
4. Wrap the aluminum foil around the garlic and place on a baking sheet (or a loaf pan, or really just on the oven rack). Cook for about 15 minutes or more- depending on how roasted you'd like it. Trial and error can be your friend!
5. Now you have delicious roasted garlic. The garlic cloves smoosh right out of the skin and are so easy to use from here. You could put it on pizza, sandwiches, salads, pasta, with some steamed broccoli, spinach, etc. Sometimes I like to just eat it by itself. Enjoy!