Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Simple grains

I've been sick:( I was supposed to be in Oregon this week on vacation but had to cancel plans because of being sick. So lame! Instead I've been lounging around the house watching movies and sleeping. Anyways, I haven't had much of an appetite which means I really am sick! I almost never lose my appetite so this is big news haha. I've been trying to stick to simple foods and have mostly been eating applesauce, dry toast, pudding, soup and simple grains. I started getting my appetite back today and decided to try some quinoa. I made this with quinoa but it would be great with pasta or brown rice or whatever grain you'd like. It's not that exciting of a dish but it does the trick for a simple dinner or lunch.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa (or whatever grain preferred)
a few shakes of garlic powder
a pinch of dried basil
freshly ground sea salt to taste
drizzle of olive oil

1. Cook grains according to directions.

2. Sprinkle with spices, drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment